Monday, February 7, 2011

You make me smile!

This picture is so Baby Boy! That cute little infectious smile always, always brings a smile to my face. I was playing with my new {to me} Canon 10d DSLR camera the other day and amazingly {I say amazingly b/c this camera intimidates the snizz out of me. Yeah that's right, I just made up a word, sort of. Anyway, back on topic} caught this photo of him mid-laugh. Now I am in love with said intimidating camera, I mean look at that picture! So, if you know me in real life, I will be walking around with my giant camera taking pictures all day b/c eventually, I'll get a good one.

So this is also my attempt at faux Ali Edwards stamps that I've been seeing all over the place. I really love this look, but frankly I don't want to be limited to using the same stamps over and over again. {Sorry, AE, love ya though!} So I came up with this ingenious technique {okay ingenious might be an overstatement, a big one} First, I googled "smile quotes." Then I found 3 that I liked. Next I typed them up in Word in a font that I liked. And last but not least, I printed them out on patterned paper. Easy, Peasy Lemon Squeezy!



Another amazing thing happened today. I only used Stampin Up products for the ink, blue cardstock and blue patterned paper. Bird and letter stamps are Close to my Heart. Green check patterned paper {okay from here on out patterned paper will be know as PP. Lot's less to type out and I am forever spelling patterned wrong} is Basic Grey. Yellow PP {that's patterned paper for those Rachel Ray types} is unknown. The font I used for the faux AE stamps is Cambria in size 10. Finally {for goodness sake} "Smile" chipboard is from K by Marcella {or is it Marcella by K, hmmm. IDK)

No comments:

Post a Comment