Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Some princesses, a counterfeit kit and a sketch.

So, Bethany and Meridy over at Counterfeit Kit Challenge{ http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com } have come up with an fantastic idea! Each month, they post a current scrapbooking kit {with the kit owners permission} and challenge their readers to make a copy cat of that kit. Brilliant! I saw Feb's kit from Scraps of Darkness { http://www.scrapsofdarkness.com }and just knew I had to copy it. So here's my take:



Plus, the great thing about Counterfeit Kit challenge is that they post tutorials for making your own embellishments. That is right up my alley! I love making my own stuff.

I thought that the dark gothic romancey {yeah, it's a word} feel of this kit would be perfect for pictures of Princesses. This is also one of my LOAD pages with the prompt of using a sketch. I used a Becky Higgins sketch {love her and her little sketches too!}



Cardstock is Bazzill, Lighter pink PP is My Mind's Eye, Purpley {seriously, it's a word} red PP is Stampin Up!, Silver scroll is a Creative Imaginations PP that I cut up, the Prima flowers are colored with Smooch Accent Inks in Taffy, "Storybook" is
American Crafts thickers in Rainboots, "Lunch" is Close to my Heart Storytime Caps stamps and finally the rub-ons are DCWV. Sheesh, I think I need to use less scrap supplies next time.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome page- your kit IS perfect for those pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe! I love your layout...especially because we are going to have lunch with them next Wednesday!!! It's my kids' first Disneyland trip...and I can't wait! Awesome kit and layout!
    *meridy*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great color palette!

    Bethany
    Counterfeit Kit Challenge

    ReplyDelete